1. my electrical bill (2 br apt) is higher than my parents (5 br homestead). By a lot, yo.
2. Used sick days for the first time in my professional history. It had to be you… influenza.
3. my computer is cursed. blue screen errors blue screen errors blue screen errors. And no, I really don’t know how to fix it. And if I did, it wouldn’t help because the motherfucker SHUTS ITSELF DOWN every 45 seconds anyway. FUCK FUCK FUCK. [note: borrowing the bro-ho’s laptop at the moment for desperate use of bank balance checks/transfers, bill pay, email, etc. And by god, without television and now no internets, my news addiction is completely crippled. Feeling both ill informed socially and completely ignorant of all current events in general. FUCK.]
4. t-minus undisclosed amount of time until tonight’s forecasted ice storm.
5. ice storm = cold apartment.
6. apartment = disaster zone as have been too sick to maintain basic standards of cleanliness, aka dirty dishes growing to alarmingly large pile in sink and laundry heaped in basket, clean but not folded. Can’t. Handle. The. Mess. Any. Longer.
7. work = new levels of stress. yes, it’s holiday and with retail it just is what it is… but all the other stuff?? so unnecessary.
8. 2 tires going flat simultaneously.
9. there shall be no socializing or fraternizing at all for at least another week whilst still working nonstop from home. [cut to me drinking spirits alone in cold apartment every night this week, cursing insubordinant laptop, space heaters aglow.]
10. Left my digital camera at a someone’s house A MONTH AGO and a) said person still claims not to have found it and b) this same person refused to facebook friend me (do people really do that?) so I cannot even politely inquire after it without using an intermediary. Previous polite use of intermediary friend has yielded no results. Dude. If you and or someone else wants the camera? Take it, happy holidays. Whatever, shit happens. I’ll save up for another one (these days everyone is going sale-price crazy anyway). We all fall on hard times and slip into the amoral abyss from time to time. But seriously? Come onnnnnnnnnn.
fucking A. I know it’s the season of joy, forgiveness, love, brotherhood, compassion, and generosity… but my zen is wearing thin here. Apologies for being whiny. And bitter.
This too shall pass.